File My Small Claims
Name Change Dept
File My DBA
Demand Letters
(Against Popular Corporations)
Ebay, Inc
United Airlines, Inc
Bank of America, Inc
Wells Fargo, Inc
Sony Corporation, Inc
BankCorp, Inc
AT&T, Inc
Verison Wireless, Inc
Capital One, Inc
Chase Bank, Inc
CalStar Motors, Inc
Yellow Pages of USA, Inc
Home Depot, The., Inc
Click here to learn more
Law Library
Legal Forum
UCC Search Page
Live Chat
Small Claims FAQ's
Name Change FAQ's
Recent Small Claims Filed
Trademark FAQ's
Online Support Center
Utah Small Claims  
Get All The Information You Need has provided a valuable Online Education & Research Center to assist you with the information you will need. You can trust that our content is credible and timely updated. Simply select your topic and receive key information that will help you make a much percise decision.
Small Claims State Research

In Utah small claims court, Small claims cases are to recover money, and claims cannot exceed the jurisdictional limit. That limit is set by the Legislature in Utah Code Section 78A-8-102 ($10,000.00). The defendant must owe the debt to the plaintiff or, on a counter affidavit, vice-versa. Small claims cases cannot be used to sue a government entity, to sue for possession of property, to evict a tenant or to recover an assigned claim.

  • If the claim does not satisfy these limitations, the plaintiff must file a civil complaint in the district court under the Utah Rules of Civil Procedure.
  • Small Claims in Utah, a small claims case must be filed in the justice court where the defendant resides or where the claim arose (where the events happened).

    If the defendant resides or the claim arose within a municipality and if the municipality has a justice court, file the case in the municipal justice court. If the municipality has no justice court, file the case in the county justice court. If the defendant resides or the claim arose in the unincorporated county, file the case in the county justice court.

    The Affidavit and Summons must be served on the defendant at least 30 days before the trial date. You cannot serve the documents in your own case. will handle this process for you! will handle your entire Utah small claims from start to finish.

Find Registered Agents
Use our Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) page to find the registered agents of the business entity you are trying to sue.


FBI Protected Learn more by clicking here


Recent Small Claims