File My Small Claims
Name Change Dept
File My DBA
Demand Letters
(Against Popular Corporations)
Ebay, Inc
United Airlines, Inc
Bank of America, Inc
Wells Fargo, Inc
Sony Corporation, Inc
BankCorp, Inc
AT&T, Inc
Verison Wireless, Inc
Capital One, Inc
Chase Bank, Inc
CalStar Motors, Inc
Yellow Pages of USA, Inc
Home Depot, The., Inc
Click here to learn more
Law Library
Legal Forum
UCC Search Page
Live Chat
Small Claims FAQ's
Name Change FAQ's
Recent Small Claims Filed
Trademark FAQ's
Online Support Center

North Carolina Small Claims

Get All The Information You Need has provided a valuable Online Education & Research Center to assist you with the information you will need. You can trust that our content is credible and timely updated. Simply select your topic and receive key information that will help you make a much percise decision.
Small Claims State Research

North Carolina Small claims court is part of the District Court Division. It handles civil cases where a plaintiff requests assignment to a magistrate and the amount in controversy is $10,000 or less. The principal relief sought in small claims court is money, the recovery of specific personal property, or summary ejectment (eviction). A magistrate presides over small claims court. There is no jury and usually no lawyers. A person who loses in small claims court may appeal for a trial by jury before a judge in District Court.

Once we file and serve your case, the trial date is usually within 20-30 depending on court docket. Will we notify you step-by-step and keep you informed.

Anyone 18 or over has the right to start a lawsuit in the North Carolina court system. If the lawsuit is for a claim of $10,000 or less, it can be brought into Small Claims Court, which is available in every county. This amount may be different in different counties. In North Carolina small claims court the case must be filed in the venue and county of the defendant. A person usually does not need a lawyer in Small Claims Court, whether that person is bringing the suit or defending against the suit. In some cases, though, you might need a lawyer, especially involving possible eviction by a landlord.

This court is not used for criminal offenses, traffic tickets, or disagreements over child support, among other things. You have to be 18 years old to use Small Claims Court. will assist you with your question in regards to judgment entry forms and additional procedures required for the state of North Carolina. will handle your entire North Carolina small claims from start to finish.

Find Registered Agents
Use our Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) page to find the registered agents of the business entity you are trying to sue.


FBI Protected Learn more by clicking here


Recent Small Claims