File My Small Claims
Name Change Dept
File My DBA
Demand Letters
(Against Popular Corporations)
Ebay, Inc
United Airlines, Inc
Bank of America, Inc
Wells Fargo, Inc
Sony Corporation, Inc
BankCorp, Inc
AT&T, Inc
Verison Wireless, Inc
Capital One, Inc
Chase Bank, Inc
CalStar Motors, Inc
Yellow Pages of USA, Inc
Home Depot, The., Inc
Click here to learn more
Law Library
Legal Forum
UCC Search Page
Live Chat
Small Claims FAQ's
Name Change FAQ's
Recent Small Claims Filed
Trademark FAQ's
Online Support Center

Mississippi Small Claims

Get All The Information You Need has provided a valuable Online Education & Research Center to assist you with the information you will need. You can trust that our content is credible and timely updated. Simply select your topic and receive key information that will help you make a much percise decision.
Small Claims State Research

Mississippi small claims cases are heard in "justice courts". Justice Courts have jurisdiction over small claims civil cases involving amounts of $3,500 or less, misdemeanor criminal cases and any traffic offense that occurs outside a municipality.

Justice Court judges may conduct bond hearings and preliminary hearings in felony criminal cases and may issue search warrants.

There are 82 Justice Courts with 197 judges. Justice Court judges are the only Mississippi judges elected in partisan races. They serve four-year terms.

In Mississippi, you need to file your suit in the justice court for the county where the defendant (the person you're suing) lives, or in the county where your claim arose.

For example, if you're suing to get money for injuries you suffered in a car accident, you may file your lawsuit in the county where the accident happened.

If there's a written contract involved in the case, like a lease or sales contract, it may say where exactly any lawsuit must be filed. will assist you with your question in regards to the procedures required for the state of Mississippi. If you don't file the lawsuit in the right county, the defendant can ask the court to move the case to the proper court, or even ask that the case be "dismissed," or thrown out of court.

Courtlinked will review your case and file your small claims in the correct venue. will handle your entire Mississippi small claims from start to finish.

Find Registered Agents
Use our Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) page to find the registered agents of the business entity you are trying to sue.


FBI Protected Learn more by clicking here

Recent Small Claims