File My Small Claims
Name Change Dept
File My DBA
Demand Letters
(Against Popular Corporations)
Ebay, Inc
United Airlines, Inc
Bank of America, Inc
Wells Fargo, Inc
Sony Corporation, Inc
BankCorp, Inc
AT&T, Inc
Verison Wireless, Inc
Capital One, Inc
Chase Bank, Inc
CalStar Motors, Inc
Yellow Pages of USA, Inc
Home Depot, The., Inc
Click here to learn more
Law Library
Legal Forum
UCC Search Page
Live Chat
Small Claims FAQ's
Name Change FAQ's
Recent Small Claims Filed
Trademark FAQ's
Online Support Center
Colorado Small Claims  
Get All The Information You Need has provided a valuable Online Education & Research Center to assist you with the information you will need. You can trust that our content is credible and timely updated. Simply select your topic and receive key information that will help you make a much percise decision.
Small Claims State Research

Colorado small claims court is a “court of limited jurisdiction.” This means that the court cannot award more than $7,500, even if your claim is worth more. You will have to waive your right to the amount that exceeds $7,500, or you will have to bring your claim in a different court.

You may also be entitled to recover your filing fee, service of process fee and interest.

In addition, Colorado Small Claims Court can only handle certain kinds of claims. Basically, these are simple cases to recover money or property, perform a contract, set aside a contract, or comply with restrictive covenants. For example, a dispute between a landlord and tenant over the return of a security deposit can properly be brought in Small Claims Court. So can a case involving a car accident, where insurance did not cover the damages to a car.

The party you are suing in Colorado Small Claims Court must meet one of the following qualifications to be sued in the County in which the Small Claims Court is located:The Defendant must either: (1) live in the County; (2) be a full- time student in the County; (3) be regularly employed in the County; (4) have a regular place of business in the County; or (5) be the Landlord in a claim concerning a security deposit paid by the Plaintiff to rent property located in the County. If the Defendant does not meet one of these qualifications, you cannot use the Small Claims Court in that County, but a different court either in the same County or in a different County may have jurisdiction to hear your case will handle your entire Colorado small claims from start to finish.

Find Registered Agents
Use our Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) page to find the registered agents of the business entity you are trying to sue.


FBI Protected Learn more by clicking here


Recent Small Claims